Sesame Tofu recipe
14 Ounces Extra firm Tofu
¼ Cup cornstarch, for dusting
Canola oil (for frying)
½ cup Sesame seeds, lightly toasted
1 Bunch Scallion, Trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/3 Cup Honey
3 Tablespoons Finely Minced Gingerroot
3 Tablespoons Tamari Soy Sauce
2 Tablespoons Sesame oil
2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
2 Finely Minced Garlic cloves
1-2 Teaspoon Red Chili Pepper flakes
Direction for Preparation of Sesame Tofu:
- Wrap tofu with paper towels and place on a cutting board.
- Put a heavy plate on top to press out liquid for approximately 20 minutes.
- Stir sauce ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Simmer sauce while you cook the tofu.
- Dry drained tofu with paper towels and cube.
- Dust very lightly with cornstarch.
- Heat 1” oil in deep frying pan.
- Fry tofu in 350 degree F oil until golden brown.
- Placed fried tofu in a large bowl and toss with 2/3 cup sauce, sprinkle liberally with sesame seeds and scallions.
- Toss gently.
- Serve remaining sauce for dipping or drizzled over vegetables.