Many home remedies work well to neutralize stomach acid and prevent damage to the esophagus and intestinal tract. The following suggestions may prevent acidity and heartburn from becoming disruptive:
• Drink a glass of milk with each meal.
• Eat a cup of Yogrut as a snack between meals.
• Combine equal parts apple cider vinegar and honey with a cup of water and drink just prior to each meal to control acidity.
• Eliminates Spices and fruits that have not yet ripened from the diet.
• Chew food longer and slow the eating process by putting down the fork between the bites.
• Add watermelon, bananas, and cucumber to the diet to cool heartburn.
• Try a cup of chamomile tea for heart burn.
• Try to reduce events that cause a stressful reaction and use meditation or deep breathing to relax.
• Always sleep with the heat much higher than the rest of the body to relieve the pressure that causes acid reflux to be more severe.
• Drink a glass of green tea sweetened with molasses to neutralize acids.
• Eat six small meals, rather than three large one, because a overeating aggravates acid flux.
• Chew gum until the heartburn disappears.
• Eat a stick of raw celery to end heartburn quickly.
Some of these remedies will work better for one person than another depending on the cause of the acidity or heartburn.